Sunday 10 January 2016

9: Learning

Still, on Php, MySQL and online database.

I started from connecting to the database again, and this time, after watching another tutorial, I decided to give their way a try.

Codes in file index.php
Codes in file connection.php

It didn't work and gave me this error.

screenshot of the error page.

So, I tried uploading to the public_html file and tried it again and it still doesn't work. Then, I went on and asked Joanne (taught our class php and database related stuff) and she helped me checked on the codes and suggests that the problem might be in the link.
 
Conversation I had with Ms Joanne.

So, after changing the link, It finally worked.

The 3 names are echoed from the online database.
Information being retrieved successfully from the online database.
The information can be uploaded into the online database through form created in Dreamweaver.

References: 


Melvin Walls (2009) Php and MySQL - Connecting to a database and adding data. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfl51HVodI [Accessed: 1 January 2016]
  • I followed this tutorial exactly and it was very much helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment